Deadline: 20 Feb 2019 (annual)
Study in: Turkey
Course starts 2019
Türkiye Scholarships is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding students to pursue full-time or short-term program at the top universities in Turkey. Applications will be open to applicants who wish to study at bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
Participating Universities in Turkey
Application Dates: 15 January – 20 February 2019
Türkiye Scholarships applications for 2019 will be received in one period, and applications will be open between 15th January- 20th February 2019 for international students from all countries.
What is unique about Türkiye Scholarships?
What makes Türkiye Scholarships unique is that it’s not only inclusive of financial support but also provides university placement to its awardees at all levels of higher education.
Programs and Levels of Study
Programs open for application are: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs
Applications will be open to applicants who wish to study at bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
Other programs such as Research Scholarships, Success Scholarships, and KATİP have different application periods and are announced regularly on our website and social media channels.
Level/Fields of study:
Bachelors, Masters or PhD Programmes in a wide range of fields of study offered at participating Turkish Universities
Citizens of all countries
The scholarship includes university and program placement, monthly Stipend (Bachelor: 700 TL per month; Masters: 950 TL per month; PhD: 1,400 TL per month), tuition fee, once-off return flight ticket, health insurance, accommodation and one year Turkish Language Course.
The normal duration of award is:
Undergraduate: 1 year Turkish Language course + 4-6 years (depending on the normal duration of the program)
Master’s: 1 year Turkish Language course + 2 years
PhD: 1 year Turkish Language course + 4 years
Minimum Academic Criteria:
• Minimum academic achievement for Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%
• Minimum academic achievement for Master’s and Doctorate degree applicants: 75%
• Minimum academic achievement for Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
• To be under the age of 21 for Undergraduate programs
• To be under the age of 30 for Master’s programs
• To be under the age of 35 for Doctorate programs
• Citizens of all countries
• Graduates or applicants who are able to graduate at the end of the current academic year (before September 2019)
• Researchers and academicians
Applications can only be made individually through www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr by the candidates. There are no institutions or persons authorized to apply for Türkiye Scholarships. Candidates applying at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels are welcome to apply between 15 January – 20 February 2019. Research applicants can apply throughout the year.
It is important to visit the official website (links found below)to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
How To Apply
Applications can only be made individually through www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr by the candidates.
There are no institutions or persons authorized to apply for Türkiye Scholarships.
- Candidates are strongly advised to carefully read the instructions and warnings in the application system.
- Applicants are required to submit and upload the necessary documents to the application system.
- Applications delivered by post, courier, or by hand will not be accepted.
- Applications are free of charge. Please do not entertain any third party institutions or persons who offer to make an application on behalf of you in exchange for a fee.
- Türkiye Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants will be placed in a university and program among their 12 preferences which they choose in the application system
All candidates must submit the following documents during online application:
- A valid National Identification Document OR a valid Passport
- A recent Photo of the candidate (Please note that the photo you upload into the Application system must be a proper portrait of yourself, candidate photos which are not identifiable will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- National exam scores (required for candidates who do not possess any international qualification or certification)
- Diploma or temporary certificate of Graduation
- Academic transcripts (online screenshots and uncertified transcripts will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YÖS …etc. if required by the chosen university & program)
- Language test scores (if required by the chosen university & program)
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only)
- Most programs in Turkish universities are instructed in Turkish. However, some departments and universities offer programs in English or other languages. Candidates who wish to study in these programs need to have an internationally recognized language certificate to prove their language proficiency (TOEFL and other equivalent certificates). Most of these programs require international admission test scores such as GRE, GMAT, SAT etc. Candidates can check the language of instruction while selecting the programs in the application system.
- Undergraduate candidates who possess International qualifications such as SAT or GCSE instead of national exam scores, will need to provide the minimum required qualifications needed for completing secondary school according to these international exams.
- All Türkiye Scholarships awardees who do not possess C1 Level Certificate for Turkish Proficiency (including those who are placed into English or other language taught programs) must attend a 1-year Turkish Preparatory Course and attain the C1 Level Certificate by the end of their academic year.
- For more information on Application Criteria and Programs Offered
- Apply Now!
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr/en/announcement/turkiye-scholarships-2019-applications