Applications are invited for Government of Ireland Scholarship 2019. The Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship Programme is awarded to high calibre undergraduate and postgraduate students from non-EEA countries to study in Ireland for one year.
This is a fully funded taught Master/MPhil Degree Scholarships at Irish Universities in any disciplines. The Ireland Scholarships 2019 is only for one year master program. You can use this scholarship for 2 years Masters/Mphil or PhD programs but the Government of Ireland will only fund for one year duration only.
The aim of the 2019 GOI-IES scheme is to reflect Ireland’s engagement in target partner countries. The scheme is operated in the higher education sector and funded in partnership between the Government and the higher education institutions (HEIs). Scholarships will be branded as prestigious awards reflecting the core messages about Ireland as a centre of international education. It is expected that for every scholarship winner, awareness of Ireland will be raised among many more potential students.
It is expected that a total of 60 scholarships will be funded by the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships to study in Ireland for the academic year 2019/2020.
GOVERNMENT OF IRELAND SCHOLARSHIP 2019 DETAILS:
- The scheme is managed by the Higher Education Authority (HEA), on behalf of the Department of Education and Skills.
ELIGIBLE INSTITUTIONS FOR CALL FOR APPLICATIONS 2019:
Scholarships may be awarded to public, private or not-for-profit higher education providers, which have access to the Education in Ireland brand.
Scholarships will only be approved for programmes that lead to a higher education award that is included in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) at Levels 8 to 10, which is made by one of the following awarding bodies:
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI)
- Technological University and Institutes of Technology with delegated authority
to make awards
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Irish Universities
NO. OF SCHOLARSHIPS:
- 60 (Expected)
Benefits for students: Scholarships must be regarded as highly desirable and value-adding to individuals’ subsequent lives and careers. In view of this, the GOI-IES will be awarded:
- to high calibre higher education students from non-EU/EEA countries;
- to study in Ireland for a period of one year
- The HEA will award a scholarship fund to the student (through the HEI that the student is attending) amounting to €10,000 for one study year. This fund is directed at supporting student costs and living expenses. The scholarship may be for:
- the final year of an undergraduate programmes;
- one year of a taught master degree programme or;
- one year of a research programme (i.e. one year of a 2-year research masters or a 3-4 year PhD programme).
- Trinity would provide a full tuition fee waiverto successful students for the specified scholarship year (i.e. tuition fee and registration charge are waived).
- It is expected that a total of 60 scholarships will be funded by the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships for the academic year 2018/2019 across all participating Irish Higher Education Institutions.
- Successful Scholars are to commence studies in September/October 2018. Late enrolments will only be considered in relation to PhD awardees.
For more info about the Irish Scholarship Program Please click here.
- Possess excellence (academically, personally, professionally, creatively);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Extra curriculum activities (for example: humanitarian work; politicslocal,
national, international; arts; sports);
- Possess strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES fits into their longer-term goals.
The Call for Applications will issue 8 February 2019 and the centralised application system – link. is now live and accepting applications.The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pmon Friday 29March 2019 (Irish Time). Late applications will not be accepted.The application should be submitted via this link.(4) Any questions regarding the call for applications should be submitted to [email protected] no later than 28 February 2019. The answers to all questions received will be posted on www.EurIreland.ie
website.Telephone queries cannot be accommodated.(5) The HEA will advise the applicants and the HEIs of the outcome of the evaluation process by 31 May 2019.
- The deadline for applications by students is 17.00 Irish time on Friday, 23 March 2019.