The new Fully Funded Research Scholarships is now available on offer for all new UK, EU or overseas students. Students will be joining a community of world-class academics who are passionate about their work and carry out cutting edge research.
Lancaster University is an internationally highly-ranked leader in the provision of inspiring teaching and research. Lancaster is one of only a handful of universities with a collegiate system which has helped to forge a strong sense of identity and loyalty, and continues to be a distinctive feature of student life at Lancaster.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Applications Deadline: March 1, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the following three subjects: The Cold War in Global Perspectives, Family Justice and Phonetics.
- Scholarship Award: The funding will cover your course fees for the duration of your PhD studies and we will contribute £15,000 per year towards other costs.
- Nationality: All students are welcome to apply, whether you are from the UK, EU or overseas.
- Number of Scholarships: Three scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: All students are welcome to apply, whether you are from the UK, EU or overseas.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis. Candidates will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Potential for an original contribution.
- Evidence of scholarly ability:
– clear and concise description of the study
– awareness of current literature in the field
– understanding of research methodology appropriate for an early stage postgraduate student
– a research project that can be completed within the timeframe allowed for a PhD
All students are welcome to apply, whether you are from the UK, EU or overseas.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply: If you have not already done so, apply for a PhD in the appropriate department through the University’s online application system. Simply create an account on the My Applications website and then select ‘Create a new application’ from your homepage once you are logged-in.
In addition, complete and return the Faculty Scholarship Application Form 2019 to the appropriate departmental contact below.
The Cold War in Global Perspectives: Dr Marco Wyss (m.wyss-at-lancaster.ac.uk)
Family Justice: Professor Karen Broadhurst (k.broadhurst-at-lancaster.ac.uk)
Phonetics: Dr Sam Kirkham (s.kirkham-at-lancaster.ac.uk)