Fully Funded Scholarships in Saudi Arabia 2020
The Deanship of Graduate Studies at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) is pleased to announce that KFUPM provides full MS and PhD scholarships for distinguished graduate applicants who demonstrate high potential for conducting original research in the fields of Engineering, Sciences, and Business.
Distinguished Partnership of KFUPM with International Institutions KFUPM has a very strong collaborative partnership on conducting innovative research with the following international institutions:
- MIT: Clean Water and Clean Energy.
- Stanford: Oil, Gas, and Geosciences.
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech): Petrochemicals and Polymers.
- Technical University of Munich: Refining and Petrochemicals.
- Cambridge University: Oil and Gas.
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech): Geo-signal Processing and Smart Grids.
- National University of Singapore: Refining and Petrochemicals
- KAUST: Many research disciplines in Engineering and Sciences.
- Saudi Aramco (the largest oil company worldwide): Many research disciplines.
- SABIC (one of the leading petrochemical companies worldwide): Refining, Petrochemical, and Polymers.
- In addition to many world-class universities and industries in different research fields.
Centers for Research Excellence at KFUPM To provide extreme support for research in areas of excellence, KFUPM has established the National Centers for Research Excellence in the following areas:
- KFUPM-MIT Collaboration Center on Clean Water and Clean Energy
- Renewable Energy
- Refining and Petrochemicals
- Transformative Research in Petrochemicals and Polymers
- Supply Chain Management
- Carbon Capture and Sequestration.
The Research Institute
The Research Institute is the cornerstone of applied research activities at KFUPM, solving critical scientific and technical problems as well as working on turning knowledge into practice. More details are available on the website of the Research Institute at the link: http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/ri/
Research Groups at KFUPM
To provide special support for research in focused areas of interest to Saudi Arabia, KFUPM has established 13 Research Groups in Science and Engineering areas. More details are available on the website of the Deanship of Scientific Research at the link: http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/dsr/
Graduate programs offered at KFUPM
Online Admission System
The online graduate admission application for the coming semester will be available according to the Online application Deadlines through the Online Application link
After submission of a complete online application, mandatory documents need to be uploaded before the Deadlines through the Upload System using the same Login ID and PIN created for the online application. Mandatory documents for an application (without which application will not be processed
- Copy of identification (Passport for international applicants / National ID for Saudi nationals / Iqama for residents of Saudi Arabia).
- Complete official transcripts for BS degree (and MS degree if applying to PhD).
- Statement-of-Purpose (a one-page essay focusing on career and research goals at KFUPM).
- Recommendation Letters from academic referees through the online recommendation system after submitting the online application.
- Certificates for BS degree (and MS degree if applying to PhD) if degrees granted.
- GMAT score (for international MBA applicants).
Other supporting documents (needed for a final decision)
- TOEFL score (min. is 68 iBT for MS and 79 iBT for PhD) or IELTS score (min. is 6 for MS and 6.5 for PhD).
- Acceptable GRE General score (min. Quant. is 156, min. Analytical Writing is 4.0).
- Upon approval, original/certified copies of degree certificate(s) and transcript(s) are to be sent through postal mail.
The online application portal is open twice every academic year. All interested and eligible, local and International candidates are invited to apply according to the deadlines available in this link http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/deanships/dgs/Pages/en/Application-Deadlines.aspx.
Application Deadlines :
Deadlines for Prospective Applicants (Online application Deadlines):
All interested and eligible, local and international candidates are invited to apply for Graduate Studies at KFUPM according to the deadlines mentioned below:
|Action/Deadline||Fall Semester (Sep. 2020)||Spring Semester(Jan. 2021)|
|Opening Online Application||Jan. 27, 2020||Sep. 07, 2020|
|Last Day for submitting Online Application and Uploading Documents.||Feb. 12, 2020||Sep. 22, 2020|
|Last Day for submitting Online Recommendations||Feb. 19, 2020||Sep. 29, 2020|
How to apply:
* Please read the information in this article and visit the official website announced for the grant and read more about it. * Please note that the application for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia scholarship at King Fahd University is done online via the following link: http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/deanships/dgs/Pages/en/StartApplications.aspx