Yokohama National University Scholarship 2020 is now open for the applications in Japan . MEXT Japanese Government is offering Scholarships in Yokohama University to Study in Japan For International Students to Pursue Masters & Ph.D. Degree.
|Suitable for:||graduate/ postgraduate|
|type of fund:||FULLY-FUNDED|
|Closing Date:||24 Nov 2019|
What is MEXT Scholarship?
MEXT Stands for the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships For Bachelors, Master & Doctoral Degree in the fields which you have studied in Your Country.
Duration of the Scholarship at Japan University
- Master Program: 2 Years
- Doctoral Program: 3 Years
Outline of The Program
“Special International Program for Urban Infrastructure Engineering in Developing Countries (‘Civil and Development’ program) ” and “International Graduate Program for Innovation of Civil Engineering through ICT technologies (‘Civil and ICT/IoT’ program)” are belonging to Department of Infrastructure and Urban Society for the master course and Department of Urban Innovation for the doctor course in Graduate School of Urban Innovation, Yokohama National University. It is the all-English graduate program at the doctor and master level in the field of civil engineering.
We have initiated the all-English graduate program at the doctor and master level in the field of civil engineering since 1989. The Japanese government (MEXT) scholarships have been collocated to the program as priority, and at present, two MEXT scholarships for the master course and five MEXT scholarships for the doctor course are allocated every year for “Civil and Development” program (2018 Oct. enrollment to 2020 Oct. enrollment), and four MEXT scholarships for the doctor course are allocated every year for “Civil and ICT/IoT” program (2019 Oct. enrollment to 2021 enrollment). So far, about 250 international students have successfully graduated from this program, and now nearly 50 international students are studying in this program (as of 2019). The program is rather a research-oriented although coursework is necessary. Courses are offered in English, and all dissertation works including adviser’s guidance, progress report, writing, and presentation are done in English.
Click each program below for more details:
- “Civil and Development” program
- “Civil and ICT/IoT” program
Students can enroll this program both Spring (April enrollment) and Fall (October enrollment) semester. Please proceed to the page “How to Apply” for further information on admission procedures.
Financial Coverage :
As Stated Above, the Japanese Government Scholarship for International Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students & Doctoral Students is a Fully Funded Scholarship in Japan by MEXT. All the Expenses will be covered.
- MEXT Scholarship Stipend:144,000 Yen Per Month For Master Applicant.
- Doctoral Courses: 145,000Yen Per Month.
- Accommodation: Free Accommodation will be provided by the University
- Allowance: 2,000 or 3,000 Yen Per Month will be added to the Monthly Scholarship.
- Preparatory Education and Non-Regular Students: 143,000 Yen Per Month
- No Tuition Fee: Fes for the Entrance Examination, Full Tuition Fee Course will be paid by MEXT University Recommendation Scholarship.
- Round Airline ticket will be an Economy-class ticket for the flight.
Eligibility Criteria :
If you want to apply for the MEXT Japan Scholarships then Please Check the Eligibility Criteria For Scholarships to Japan if You Qualify or Not.
- Have the Nationality of a Country that has Diplomatic Relations with Japan.
- Be 34 years of age or younger as of April 1, 2020.
- Be able to arrive in Japan before the 2020 Fall semester will begin
Criteria For Doctoral Course :
An Applicant willing to admit in the Doctor Course Must have the following Academic Requirements For Japan Scholarships for International Students.
- An Applicant Should have Outstanding Academic Records in Undergraduate as well as Master degree
- An applicant should normally possess a four-year bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree.
- Proof of an applicant’s English proficiency (An official score of TOEFL, IELTS or equivalent) or English Proficiency Certificate
Criteria For Master Course :
An Applicant willing to admit in the Doctor Course Must have the following Academic Requirements For Japan Study Abroad Scholarships.
- An applicant should have outstanding academic records in Undergraduate
- An applicant should normally possess a Four Year Bachelors Degree.
- Proof of an applicant’s English proficiency (An official score of TOEFL, IELTS or equivalent) Or English Proficiency Certificate
- Completed Application Form.
- Official Transcripts of Bachelor, Masters Course.
- Two confidential Recommendation Letters.
How to Apply
The program can accept students in two semesters, April or October enrollment. Students can admit with Japanese government scholarship (MEXT scholarship) or other scholarship or their private funding. Normally, there are five major methods of being admitted in the program. They are:
- Admission with MEXT* (University Recommendation under the Special Program) Scholorship
- Admission with MEXT (Embassy Recommendation) Scholarship
- Admission with MEXT (University Recommendation, General) Scholarship
- Admission with JICA’s Scholarship (JDS, ABE Initiative, PEACE, JICA-FRIENDSHIP Project etc.,)
- Admission with candidate’s home country’s scholarship (Chinese Government Graduate Student Overseas Study Program, Indonesia government LPDP, other countries’ government scholarship)
- Admission with private funding for International Students
MEXT: Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology, Japan, Monbukagakusho
Necessary procedures to apply for admission for both master’s or doctoral degree program are as follows:
Other than this program, Faculty of Urban Innovation offers Infrastructure Management Program(IMP), which is all-English master program funded by the World Bank. For more information about IMP, please visit this website.
For the application for October 2020 enrollment, the following documents must reach the correspondence address no later than November 24th, 2019. All the documents must reach the correspondence address by postal mail (including Fedex and DHL etc.) no later than November 24th, 2019. We only accept application documents sent by postal mail, we don’t accept any application documents sent by email/Fax.
NOTE: The schedule may be moved forward. For those who wish to apply, please prepare the required documents as early as possible.
1.Completed Application Form.
2.For the Doctor course, an official transcript showing the applicant’s academic performance from both an undergraduate and a master’s course.
For the Master course, an official transcript showing the applicant’s academic performance from an undergraduate course.
3.Proof of an applicant’s English proficiency (an official score of TOEFL or IELETS or equivalent).
4.Two confidential Recommendation Letters in the specific form. Each letter should be in a sealed envelope with the signature of the recommender over the flap of the envelope and should be sent to the correspondence address directly.
The application form and recommendation letter form can be downloaded from the following links. All the documents must reach the correspondence address by postal mail (including Fedex and DHL etc.) no later than November 24th, 2019. We only accept application documents sent by postal mail, we don’t accept any application documents sent by email/Fax.
Selection will be done by the Program based on the submitted documents. The evaluation of applications will be based on the applicant’s academic achievements in the earlier degrees and research potential assessed from academic documents, recommendation letters, the field of interest and study plan.
During the selection process, the shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview by e-mail/skype or other suitable means. The result of selection will be notified to the applicant by the middle of February.
The selected applicants will be asked to fill the more detailed application forms and the other documents for the official procedure. The lists of candidates selected by the Program are sent to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) for the final approval. The Program will announce the final selection result to the selected applicants and make arrangements to enroll Yokohama National University.
Important Dates to Remember
The following are the important date to remember for applying to the Program.
Admission Year 2020
(All the documents must reach the correspondence address by mail no later than November 24th, 2019. )
(The schedule may be moved forward. Please prepare the documents as early as possible.)
Notification of application results Mid of February, 2020
Final Scholarship confirmation from MEXT End of July, 2020
Outline of MEXT scholarship
For information about MEXT scholarship, such as the scholarship stipend, please visit this website.
Prof. Koichi Maekawa
Foreign Student Officer
Department of Civil Engineering
Yokohama National University
79-5 Tokiwadai, Hodogaya-ku
E-mail Address for Inquiries
Please don’t attach any files. We don’t open any email with an attached file.
Apply form :
Resources and OFFICIAL LINK :