Going to study for your Master’s degree in the Netherlands is one of the best decisions that you can make. The reason behind this is that the people in the Netherlands are welcoming to international students and tourists in general. If you always dreamed of studying in a foreign country but you couldn’t afford it, then you should be pleased to find out that the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for international students is now accepting applications. This is a scholarship program that offers a number of extraordinary students the chance to pursue a Master’s degree in a selected number of fields at the Utrecht University.
Since this is an Excellence Scholarship program, only the best international students stand a chance to be awarded a scholarship. Furthermore, the level/field of study for the scholarship program is all at the Master’s level. The number of scholarship awards is 20-25 and the target group is non-EU/EEA international students.
Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for International Students: Benefits
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as tuition fees OR tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses. As the grant is not automatically a full scholarship, it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance your all studies.
The scholarship is awarded for the duration of the degree program, which is one or two years, depending on the degree program. The scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for International Students: Criteria
To be eligible for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, you must:
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands
- Have applied for an eligible international master’s program with a start date of 1 September 2020.
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit