Facebook invites researchers from around the world to join the Facebook 2020 Fellowship Program. The 2020 Facebook Fellowship is open to students at all universities in the United States and in other countries.
About the Facebook PhD Fellowship Program:
The Facebook Fellowship Program is designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at accredited universities around the world.
The program is open to students in any year of PhD. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research proposal, the record of research publications, and academic recommendation letters.
Winners of the fellowship program will receive two years of paid tuition, up to $ 37,000 each year and up to $ 5,000 to support travel to attend scientific conferences.
FACEBOOK 2020 Fellowship Program Details:
Host organization: Facebook
Applications will be accepted from students wishing to conduct research related to one of the following areas:
• Applied Statistics
• AR / VR photonics and optics
• AR / VR privacy and information security
• Computational Social Sciences
• Computer Graphics
• Calculation of storage and efficiency
• Distributed Systems
• Economics and arithmetic
• Instagram / Facebook App Well-being and safety
• Artificial intelligence
• Natural language processing
• Networking and communication
• Privacy and data usage
• Privacy and data usage
• Security and privacy policies
• Social and economic policy
• Spoken language processing and audio classification
• Structured data stores
• Artificial Intelligence Education Systems
Funding provided through the Facebook Fellowship Program:
• Tuition and fees for the academic year (up to two / four semesters)
• $ 37,000 grant (one-time payment per academic year)
• Up to $ 5,000 in conference travel support
• Paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit
Eligibility criteria for applying to the Facebook Fellowship Program:
• All nationalities are eligible
• The applicant must be full-time PhD. Students currently participating in ongoing research are enrolled in a doctoral program at an accredited university in any country
• Student work must relate to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas above)
• Students must be registered during the academic year (s) in which the fellowship is awarded
How to apply for Facebook Fellowship 2020?
Researchers wishing to join the Facebook Fellowship Program must fill out the Facebook Fellowship 2020 online application.
The application must include:
• A 500-word research summary clearly identifies the focus area, the importance of the field and the applicability of Facebook to the research expected during the grant
• CV, with email, phone, mailing address, and applicable courses
• Two letters of recommendation. Please provide reference email addresses. At least one letter must be from an academic advisor
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the organizers via the following email: [email protected]
Applications are closed on October 4, 2019, 11:59 pm PST.
If you are already interested in a Facebook 2020 Fellowship, you can now apply here
You can also view the official link here