Scholarly grants, foreign scholarships, and other financial aids from King Saud University are available to students outside of the country in which the university is located. The financial aid office of King Saud University mostly deals with international scholarships.
It was founded as Riyadh University in 1957, the first university in Saudi Arabia. The university was established that year to service the deficit of workers in Saudi Arabia. In 1982, this great institution which counts as the first in the country was renamed King Saud University.
King Saud University offers a wide range of scholarships, internships for international students. In addition to university-sponsored scholarships, there are numerous other organizations that provide scholarships for international students, including foundations, trusts, and corporations.
It offers courses in the natural sciences, the humanities, and professional studies, and many of its courses are free of charge. Undergraduate programs are bilingual depending on what major they choose. As one of the most respected medical centers in the Arab world, its medical programs are highly regarded.
About the Scholarship – Brief Description
- Scholarship Location: Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Host University/Organization: King Saud University, Riyadh
- Fund Type: Fully- Funded Scholarships
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Eligible Nationalities: International Students (Males and Females)
- Starting Date: Monday, January 3, 2022
- Deadline: 31 January 2021
- Application Deadline: Still Ongoing
Scholarship awards differ for undergraduate students according to their ability to qualify. In addition to tuition free and accommodation be aware of that the currency rate 1 SR is roughly equivalent to 0.25 USD.
- Scientific Studies (SR 1000)
- Humanities (SR 850)
- Payment of a processing allowance reward upon his arrival.
- Spend a three-month bonus for shipping books.
- Cover Tuition Fees: Exemption from tuition fees.
- Meals: The educational institution should provide discounted meals for him.
- Accommodation: Providing adequate housing, scientific, social, cultural, and training care.
- Flight: Free airline ticket in case of acceptance of the scholarship and also a free airline ticket at the end of each academic year according to the specified guidelines.
- Health care for him and his family members in the event that they are brought in to reside with him is similar to that provided to citizens.
(electrical engineering, chemical engineering, industrial engineering, civil engineering, surveying engineering, mechanical engineering, petroleum and natural gas engineering, computer science, information systems, software engineering , Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Architecture and Planning, Architecture and Building Sciences, Urban Planning, Science, Mathematics, Biochemistry, Botany , Chemistry, Microbiology, Physics, Statistics, Geology, Geophysics, Operations Research, Animal Science, Science in Agricultural Engineering, Applied Economics, Animal Production, Food Science and Human Nutrition, Plant Production Sciences, Plant Protection, Economics, Islamic Banking, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Management Information Systems, Administration, Arabic Language, Media, History, Geography, English, Sociology, Social Work, Information Science, Qur’anic Studies, Islamic Studies, Psychologist, Readings, Legal, English and Translation, Language French and translation, Chinese language and translation, Spanish language and translation, Hebrew language and translation, Russian language and translation, German language and translation, Japanese language and translation, Turkish language and translation, Persian language and translation, tourism and archeology, heritage resource management and extension Tourism, tourism and hotel management, sports sciences and physical activity, sports and recreational management, physical fitness, sports training)
Eligibility Criteria for King Saud University Scholarship Application
Below are the eligibility criteria for the King Saud University Scholarship for international students:
- The applicant’s age should not be less than (17) years and not more than (25) years.
- Not obtaining another scholarship from an educational institution in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Authentication of certificates and identity papers from the official authorities in the applicant’s country and the approval of the Saudi Cultural Attaché.
- That he be with the applicant is forbidden according to the instructions regulating this, provided that he is covered by a grant, has a regular residence, or is on the register of an employer in need of his services.
- To pass the medical examination approved in the Kingdom.
- The applicant must be an international student
- All nationalities
- Both genders
- Have High School Degree: Obtaining a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Another scholarship: Not obtaining another scholarship from an educational institution in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Certificate Authentication: Authentication of certificates and identity papers from the official authorities in the applicant’s country, and the Saudi cultural authentication.
- The Women’s Mahram: the woman applicants must be with her a mahram in accordance with the regulations, Provided that he is covered by a grant, has a regular residency or is on the register of an employer in need of his services.
- Medical Examination: To pass the medical examination approved in the Kingdom.
- Valid passport/National ID: A copy of the ID + a copy of the Mahram ID
- High School Degree Certificate: A copy of the high school certificate.
- Official Transcript: A copy of the academic transcript
- Birth certificate: A copy of the birth certificate
- Certificate of good conduct
How to Apply
- Enter the online scholarship admission portal at King Saud University from
- Choose “New Application” and fill in the application form with all the required information.
- Upload all required documents
- Submit your Application.