Applications are being invited from students of developing countries and emerging economies for the Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership programme at the University of Oxford to be awarded in 2021-2022 academic session. Outstanding graduate students from eligible regions will be awarded 100% tuition free studies plus a stipend of not less than £15,000 for living expenses. The award also comes with a leadership training package which aims to equip the scholars with the necessary leadership abilities they need to strive in their future endeavours.
Scholarship level: Postgraduates
Scholarship Worth: 100% of course fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £15,009)
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Global eligibility.
The Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme was established in 2015 thanks to generous donations from multiple donors to mark the 95th birthday of Lord Weidenfeld. The Scholarship Programme cultivates the leaders of tomorrow by providing outstanding university graduates and professionals from developing and emerging economies with the opportunity to pursue fully-funded graduate studies at the University of Oxford, combined with a comprehensive programme of leadership development, long-term mentoring and networking. The University contributes 40% of the funds for these scholarships, together with 60% from generous donations provided by supporters of the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Trust, including Fondation Hoffmann.
The scholarship will cover 100% of course fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £15,009). Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
Benefits of scholarship and funding
Benefits: The scholarship will cover 100% of tuition fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £ 15.009)
Eligible courses for the Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships Award include;
- BCL Bachelor of Civil Law
- MBA Master of Business Administration
- MJur Magister Juris
- MPP Master of Public Administration and Policy
- MSc African Studies
- MSc Biodiversity, Conservation and Management
- MSc Comparative Social Policy
- Msc Computer Science
- MSc Contemporary Chinese Studies
- MSt Diplomatic Studies
- MSc Economics for Development
- MSc Education (Comparative and International Education)
- MSc Education (Higher Education)
- MSc Environmental Change and Management
- MSc Evidence-Based Social Intervention and Policy Evaluation
- MSc Financial Economics
- MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy
- MSc Global Health Science
- MSc International Health and Tropical Medicine
- MSt Islamic Studies and History
- MSt Jewish Studies
- MSt Korean Studies
- MSc Latin American Studies
- MSc Law and Finance
- MSc Mathematical Modelling and Scientific Computing
- MSc Migration Studies
- MSc Modern Middle Eastern Studies
- MSc Modern South Asian Studies
- MSc Nature, Society and Environmental Governance
- MSc Refugee and Forced Migration Studies
- MSc Social Science of the Internet
- MSc Water Science, Policy and Management
How to Apply for the Weidenfeld Hoffmann Graduate Scholarships 2022?
- Select the course you in the above-mentioned courses and start filling the University of Oxford graduate application’s form. (Check the Oxford University course Page for the course deadline.
- In the University of Oxford Scholarships section of the online application form, select the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme.
- You should also complete the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships Statement before the deadline and upload it with the University of Oxford admission application.
- To be eligible for consideration for this scholarship, applicants must be successful in being offered a place on their course after consideration of applications received by the relevant January deadline for the course. Course applications which are held over after the January deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March deadline or course applications which have been put on a waiting list are not eligible for scholarship consideration.
- If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be required to participate in an interview, which is likely to be held via Skype in April/May 2022.
Deadline: 21 Jan 2022