If you are planning to study abroad and hold good academic merit and achievements, here is good news for you. The University of Tasmania is providing fully funded scholarships to international and domestic candidates for the academic year 2021-22.
The Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship (TGRS) and Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) at the University of Tasmania are awarded throughout the year to outstanding international and domestic students.
The University of Tasmania scholarships are highly competitive and are awarded based on academic merit, experience, prior learning, and other relevant achievements.
Details About University of Tasmania Scholarship 2022
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution: University of Tasmania
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Arts, Law, Education, Business, health, Sciences, and Engineering
- Ph.D.: 3.5 years, with no extension available. The duration of the scholarship is less than the maximum length of candidature, which is four years.
Master’s degree: 2 years with no extension.
- Deadline: October 29, 2021
University of Tasmania Scholarship will provide:
- Stipend: AUD $28,597 per annum (2021 rate). This rate is indexed annually on 1st January.
- Relocation allowance: The TGRS provides an allowance to assist with costs associated with relocating to Tasmania to undertake a Higher Degree by Research up to AUD $2,000.
- Other allowances: Award holders may also receive minor awards, allowances or other earnings which are supplementary to the Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship, or income derived from part-time work undertaken within the guidelines set by the University.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Tasmania Scholarship
To qualify for University of Tasmania Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Successful applicants must have completed at least four years of tertiary education studies and have achieved at least an upper second class Honours degree or equivalent.
- Awards are only available to those who will be undertaking a full-time research Masters or Doctoral degree in 2021.
- Candidates must not be receiving another equivalent award, scholarship or salary to undertake the proposed program (if that income is greater than seventy-five per cent of the base RTP stipend rate).
- Income unrelated to the applicant’s Higher Degree by Research (e.g. employment income) or income received for the candidate’s Higher Degree by Research but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- Applicants who have completed a degree at the same level as the proposed candidature, or at a higher level; and/or held an Australian Government or University funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than 6 months are eligible to apply and will be considered in the competitive selection process but will not be prioritized against other applicants who have not.
How to Apply
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for University of Tasmania Scholarship:
- Applicants should complete an application in conjunction with their supervisory team. Please indicate on the application if you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
- Future candidates should review the scholarship information above and then visit our Apply Now page for further instructions. Applications for scholarships will be reviewed and ranked on a competitive basis.