The University of Kansas KU is currently inviting applications from eligible and outstanding international students who wish to enrol in a degree program at the University for a Chance to get a tuition waiver. The tuition waiver scholarship is highly competitive and available for all undergraduate students, first year and transfer students.
KU offers a range of scholarships for international undergraduate first year and transfer students. All scholarships are renewable each year and range from $3,000/year to a full tuition waiver valued at $100,000+ ($25,000+/year).
About University of Kansas
The University of Kansas is the state’s flagship university and one of just 65 invited members of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU). We consistently earn high rankings for academics and recognition as a premier research university. We push the boundaries of knowledge, transform the academic experience, and create solutions through innovative research. The Jayhawk community extends around the globe, united by more than 150 years of tradition and by our commitment to creating a better world
Country: United States of America
Host University: The University of Kansas
Financial Coverage: Funded
Deadline for Applications: 15th November 2021
Funding Available/Financial Coverage
The financial coverage or the funding available for KU scholarships 2022 is attractive. The university offers a good range of scholarships to all international students in undergraduate level, who are in first year and transfer students. All the scholarships offered at the university for undergraduate programs are renewed every year and range from $3000 (per year) to a full tuition fees waiver valued at $100,000 ($25,000+ a year).
Note: All admitted students in first year, who have 3.25 or higher GPA, will receive scholarship amount of $3000 to $9000 per year (renewable). Apart from Kansas University scholarships for international students, there are other scholarships as well offered by the university. The students may also apply to those awards.
Value: $100,000+ ($25,000+/year)
Eligibility: To be eligible for the KU International Excellence Award, a candidate must fulfil the following criteria.
- Must ve a first year student
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores
- Have the required minimum English proficiency test scores
KU International Merit Award
Value: $36,000 ($9,000/year)*
Eligibility: KU International Merit Award is only available to first-year applicants. Candidates must satisfy the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.75-4.00
- Preferably submit their official SAT or ACT scores.
KU International Distinction Award
Value: $24,000 ($6,000/year)*
Eligibility: Candidates must satisfy the criteria given below to be eligible for the KU International Distinction Award.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.5-3.74
- Preferably submit official scores of SAT or ACT.
KU International Achievement Award
Value: $12,000 ($3,000/year)*
Eligibility: Candidates must satisfy the criteria given below to be eligible for the KU International Achievement Award:
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.25-3.49
- Preferably submit official scores of SAT or ACT.
It is noteworthy that scholarships have limited availability and satisfying the eligibility criteria does not guarantee that a candidate will receive any of the available scholarships. The overall profile of a candidate is evaluated before a decision is made on the dissemination of these awards.
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Scholl of the Arts
School of Languages Literatures and Cultures
School of Public Affairs & Administration
School of Architecture & Design
School of Business
- Business (minor)
- Business Administration
- Information Systems
- Management & Leadership
- Supply Chain Management
School of Education
School of Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Architectural Engineer
- Chemical Engineering (concentrations available in Biomedical; Environmental; Petroleum Engineering; Premedical)
- Civil Engineering (concentration available in Environmental Engineering)
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Physics (concentrations available in Aerospace Systems; Chemical Systems; Digital Electronic Systems; Electromechanical Control Systems)
- Information Technology
- Interdisciplinary Computing (concentrations available in Astronomy; Biology; Chemistry; Geography; Journalism; Physics)
- Mechanical Engineering (concentration available in Biomechanical)
- Petroleum Engineering
School of Health Professions
- Clinical Laboratory Science (concentration available in Molecular Biotechnology)
- Health Information Management
- Respiratory Care
School of Journalism & Mass
School of Music
School of Nursing
School of Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Studies
- Doctor of Pharmacy
School of Social Welfare
The applicants need to meet KU excellence scholarship requirements to earn this opportunity. In order to be eligible for the application for this scholarship opportunity, you need to fulfill below mentioned requirements. Let’s check them out.
- Students from all over the world may apply except US citizens.
- Only the undergraduate programs are eligible for this scholarship.
- The students need to be the first-year undergraduates at University of Kansas.
Documents must be submitted
- Official transcripts from each school
- SAT or ACT Scores
- Proof of English proficiency
- Resume (along with an explanation of how any three of the hobbies/activities mentioned in your resume have helped you develop leadership skills)
- A 500-work essay on any topic of your choice. Candidates may also consult the list of suggested topics available on the university website.
- Three Letters of Recommendation