Financially supported by the British Government, the King’s College London is a federal research institution that is established in the headquarter city of the United Kingdom. First founded in 1829, the King’s College was established due to the royal charter from one of the greatest kings of England.
Even though it has quite a long history, King’s College London is quite modern when it comes to academic matters. Due to its world-class research, this institution is internationally renowned for its technological marvels and state-of-the-art laboratories. If you want to study in one of its academic programs, you will need to know that King’s College is quite well-known for its courses in humanities, laws, sciences, psychiatry, medicine, dentistry, and nursing.
If you are curious about the international community at King’s, you would be surprised to know that there are nearly 30,000 international students from over 150 different countries. Being a world-leading university in innovation and also in research, King’s College London is an ideal place for many talented internationals. Now, we will discuss the various King’s College London scholarships that are given to international students.
King’s College London Scholarships 2022 Details:
- University: King’s College London
- Degree level: Master , PhD
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible nationality: International
- Award country: United Kingdom
- Last Date: 1 October 2021.
King’s College London Scholarships 2022 is a Full Free Scholarship for all aspirants to undertake Master or Doctoral Degree programs will provide the following expenses:
- Complete Tuition Fee will be provided
- Stipend of £17,609 per annum (for 2021/22) will be given.
- Research costs: up to £5000 per annum, depending on the project
List of Available Study Fields:
Students can apply in any of the following faculties:
- Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences
- Life Sciences & Medicine
- Natural & Mathematical Sciences
- Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience
- Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
- Be liable for tuition fees at the higher international/overseas rate.
- Apply for a full-time MPhil/PhD programme at King’s College London within one of the following Faculties by no later than 01 October 2021:
- Plan to start the MPhil/PhD at King’s in June 2022.
- Apply to King’s College London for the studentship (as instructed in the ‘Application Process’ section below) by 01 October 2021.
- Secure an admission offer on an eligible MPhil/PhD degree programme by 31 January 2022.
Information and documentation provided via the online admissions application will be used to determine applicant eligibility as well as to consider the strength of an application and suitability for the studentship scheme.
Eligible applicants who have applied correctly for the studentship by 01 October 2021 will be considered by their faculty.
Ineligible candidates will not be reviewed and those who do not already hold an admission offer may have their admissions application returned as unsuccessful via King’s Apply.
By 31 January 2022 (23:59 GMT), faculties must shortlist and rank a limited number of their top candidates for further consideration by a central panel. Those that are shortlisted must have secured an admission offer by this point.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Academic excellence of the candidate
- Research proposal
- Statement of Justification
The central assessment panel will determine the successful candidates of the studentships.
Decisions will be announced via email by 1st March 2022.
Steps on How to Apply:
- Identify a supervisor at King’s by searching the King’s research portal and King’s website – use keywords relevant to your proposed research.*
- Make an application for your chosen MPhil/PhD programme via the King’s online admissions application system – King’s Apply by no later than 1 October 2021. Make sure to select June 2022 as your planned start date.
- By no later than 1 October 2021, in the funding section of your King’s online Admissions Application Form:-
- ensure you tick the box at item 5 (Award Scheme Code or Name) and enter the code: 2122-INTCDS
- Complete a separate ‘PGR International Studentships 2021-22 Form’ and attach this to the ‘Funding’ Section of your application on King’s Apply, using the ‘File Upload’ option at the bottom of the page; under the ‘Document Category’ dropdown menu, select ‘Sponsorship Document’ or ‘Other’.
- Provide all relevant supporting documentation and meet all entry requirements for your chosen doctoral degree programme to secure an admission offer.
*Please refer to our ‘How to apply: Research courses’ page for general guidance on how to find a supervisor and doctoral degree at King’s.