About the University of Toronto (U of T)
The University of Toronto is a public analysis college in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, positioned on the grounds that encompass Queen’s Park. It was based by royal constitution in 1827 as King’s College, the primary establishment of upper studying in Upper Canada.
The Scholarship: Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships on the University of Toronto present a possibility for excellent worldwide college students to check on the University of Toronto.
The scholarship program intends to acknowledge college students who exhibit distinctive educational achievement and creativity and who’re acknowledged as leaders inside their college. A particular emphasis is positioned on the affect the scholar has had on the lifetime of their college and group, and their future potential to contribute positively to the worldwide group.
These scholarships are awarded yearly to acknowledge college students and their excellent efficiency, around the globe.
This scholarship is tenable solely on the University of Toronto for first-entry, UG (Undergraduate) examine packages.
Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program
- Type: Undergraduate
- Organization :University of Toronto
- Country to study : Canada
- School to study: University of Toronto
- Course to study :Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender : Men and Women
- Application Deadline November 30, 2021
- Tuition Fees
- Incidental Fees
- Full residence assist for four years
Requirements for Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program Qualification
An international student nominated by their school will be invited to submit an application to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship program.
An eligible candidate is:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit)
- an original and creative thinker
- committed to school and community
- a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- currently in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2021
- intending to begin university in the upcoming academic year (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2021 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
How to Apply:
To apply, you’ll need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school. (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program which can be accessed within the main Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship webpage starting here.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2022 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
Selection Procedure: On the basis of application/eligibility criteria, approximately 37 Lester B. Pearson Scholars at the University of Toronto will be chosen annually. These scholarships are tenable only at the University of Toronto.
Pearson Scholarship Deadlines
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2021
- Student OUAC application deadline: December 14, 2021 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, 2021 as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 18, 2022