Established through notethe Will of Cecil John Rhodes in 1902, the Rhodes Scholarship was a truly visionary project for its time. Over a hundred years later, the Rhodes Scholarships are the oldest and perhaps most prestigious international scholarship programme in the world, enabling outstanding young people from around the world to undertake full-time postgraduate study at the University of Oxford, (ranked first internationally in the Times Higher Education rankings for 2017 and 2018).
One of the founding aims of the Scholarship was to identify young leaders from around the world who, through the pursuit of education together at Oxford, would forge bonds of mutual understanding and fellowship for the betterment of mankind. Although the language is old-fashioned, this remains one of the founding aims of the Scholarship: to select outstanding young people, with the potential to lead, who will make an impact for good in the world in later life.
Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University 2022 Details:
- University: Oxford University
- Degree level: Postgraduate
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible nationality: International
- Award country: United kingdom
- Last Date: 15 September 2021 (Varies for Each country)
Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University 2022 in UK is a Fully Funded Award which will cover all the necessary expenses to pursue a postgraduate degree at Oxford University. The Rhodes Scholarship will cover the following:
- All University and College fees
- The University application fee
- A living stipend (£16,218/Year)
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
Note: The tenure of the Scholarship is two years, subject always to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. Subject to an application process, the Scholarship may be extended for a third year for those who take a recognized route to the DPhil (PhD).
Rhodes Scholarships Eligibility Criteria:
Each Rhodes scholarship applicant must fulfill the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying with the following eligibility standards in place:
- The Rhodes constituencies (and countries) are listed on the Rhodes Scholarships constituencies webpage. The eligibility criteria for each constituency Scholarship is held in the Information for Candidates document, which can be found by selecting the relevant constituency in the drop-down list of countries on the ‘How to apply webpage.
- You must have completed (or will have completed), an undergraduate degree with a GPA of 3.7 out of 4 or higher, or the equivalent academic level in your country.
- Candidates who do not meet the eligibility criteria for any constituency may be able to apply for inter-jurisdictional consideration or for one of the Global Rhodes Scholarships.
- The majority of applicants will be eligible to apply for a Rhodes Scholarships through one constituency only. A small number will meet the eligibility criteria for more than one constituency and, as they can only apply to one Rhodes Scholarships in a year, they will need to choose.
- Age limits vary between constituencies, ranging between 19 up to a maximum of 27 years.
RHODES SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURES
You can apply online by clicking on the “APPLY” button below from June 1, 2021. Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, September 15, 2021 .
The following documents must be submitted in English or with English translations included:
- A color photograph of the head and shoulders,
- A complete curriculum vitae,
- A certified true copy of your birth certificate (or affidavit of birth),
- A copy of the national identity card,
- A copy of the valid passport (with translation, if necessary),
- An official transcript of the college or university where you study or studied, showing the marks obtained (to date),
- Proof of residence in the area for at least five of the last ten years, e.g. official school records,
- If English is not your native language, you must upload proof of English proficiency,
- An academic study report of 750 words maximum,
- A personal statement of no more than 1000,
- A list of four (minimum) to six (maximum) people (your referees) who are willing to submit referrals on your behalf,
Application Procedure for Rhodes Scholarships:
- Applications for the Rhodes Scholarships open from 1 June. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited for an in-person interview. It is essential that candidates read the general information about the Scholarships and then proceed to their country-specific page for further detailed information.
- Applicants must download the online application form and fill in the required sections.
- Applicants must attach all the documents required in the application form.
- After submitting the application, the selected applicant will be called for an interview and a further selection process will take place.
How to Apply for Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University?
There is an Online Application System to apply for the Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University 2022. Complete Application process is given in the video given below. Visit given below link to apply: