Applications are open for Solidarität Scholarship 2021 organized by One Young World.
At the heart of every global threat is a failure of leadership. This new generation is the most informed, most educated, most connected generation in human history. One Young World identifies, promotes and connects the world’s most impactful young leaders to create a better world, with more responsible, more effective leadership.
Whilst the One Young World Summit 2021 will welcome digital delegates from every country in the world, the vision of “the world under one roof” remains key to the One Young World philosophy. One Young World invites young leaders living across Europe to apply to join the Summit in Munich to ensure that every country is represented.
Opening date: 28 May 2021
Deadline: 17 June 2021
Type: Fully Funded
Who can apply for Solidarität Scholarship OYW:
Young leaders with a track record of delivering social impact related to at least one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Candidates must be aged between 18 – 30 and should be residents of one of the countries:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria. Andorra. Angola. Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Australia Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belize Benin Bhutan Bolivia Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Brazil Brunei Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Central African Republic Chad Chile China Colombia Comoros Costa Rica Cote d’Ivoire Cuba D.R. Congo Democratic People’s Republic of Korea Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador
Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Ethiopia Fiji Gabon Gambia Georgia Ghana
Grenada Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Holy See Honduras
Hong Kong India Indonesia Iran Iraq Israel Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Kosovo Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libya Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Malaysia
Maldives Mali Malyasia Marshall Islands Mauritania Mauritius Mexico Micronesia Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Oman Pakistan Palau Palestine Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Qatar Republic of Congo Russia Rwanda Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone
Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Swaziland Syria Taiwan Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey
Turkmenistan Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United States Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela Vietnam Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe
Priority will be given to applicants able to represent countries that are least like to otherwise be represented by delegates attending the Summit in-person. One Young World Ambassadors ARE eligible for this scholarship and their applications will be treated on an equal standing to those of first time One Young Word applicants.
Benefits of Solidarität Scholarship OYW:
- In-person delegate participation in the One Young World Summit 2021 which takes place in Munch, Germany from 22 – 25 July.
- Return travel within Europe.
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of the Summit.
- Meals and catering throughout the Summit.
- Membership of the One Young World Ambassador community.
- Young leaders with a track record of delivering social impact related to at least one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Aged 18 – 30**.
- Residents of one of the eligible countries.
- Eligible to represent one of the listed countries.
- Priority will be given to applicants able to represent countries that are least like to otherwise be represented by delegates attending the Summit in person.
- One Young World Ambassadors ARE eligible for this scholarship and their applications will be treated on an equal standing to those of first-time One Young Word applicants.
Documents Required for Solidarität Scholarship OYW:
Following documents would be required at the time of applying for Solidarität Scholarship OYW:
- An academic transcript and degree copies are needed to be attached in original when applying online
- Scholarship CV and cover letter
- Letter of Motivation explaining why you are interested to apply for Solidarität Scholarship OYW
- Statement of purpose (SOP) enlisting what role would you be playing at Solidarität Scholarship OYW
- A copy of a valid passport for at least one year.
Final Application Deadline: 17 June 2021
*If you are selected for this scholarship but are ultimately unable to participate due to travel restrictions, you will be provided with digital access to the Summit.
**Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.