You can access scholarship during your academic pursuit by applying for Izmir University of Economics International Student Scholarship in Turkey 2021-2022 academic session. This scholarship is available for international students who wish to enroll in a degree program at the University.
About Izmir University of Economics
Izmir University of Economics was established officially with 2 faculties, 5 schools, and 2 graduate schools pursuant to Law No.4633 published in Official Gazette No. 24373 and dated April 14, 2001. On July 1, 2001, it moved to its current campus on Balçova with the support of Ahmet Piri?tina, the Metropolitan Mayor of Izmir at the time. Starting its education journey with 288 students, Izmir University of Economics, which carries the status of being the first Foundation University of the Aegean Region
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: Izmir University of Economics
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Full tuition fees
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Turkey
Financial Support for Students
International Student Scholarship (100%);
- Covers annual tuition fees, excluding summer school fees,
- Does not cover dormitory fees.
Academic Merit Discount
Students with an annual grade point average of 3.50 or higher receive a 50% discount on the tuition fee if they meet the requirements.
For detailed information, you can review the regulation at: https://www.ieu.edu.tr/tr/bylaws/type/read/id/75
The Izmir University of Economics will provide the total tuition fees for students in Turkey.
Requirements for International Student Scholarship Qualification
To be eligible for Izmir University of Economics International Student Scholarship 2021, candidates must meet the following criteria;
- Foreign nationals
- Those who are natural born Turkish citizens and have received permission of renouncement of nationality from the Ministry of Internal Affairs, and those who can prove that they possess the Document Related to the Usage of the Rights Granted based on the Turkish Citizenship Law for their minor children registered at the document of renunciation of Turkish citizenship. (Turkish Citizenship Law No. 5901 Article 7- (1) indicates, “A child born to a married Turkish father or mother, whether in Turkey or abroad, is Turkish citizen.” So, it is highly recommended for candidates, who are going to apply for foreign student admission quota, to review the Turkish Citizenship Law.)
- Foreign nationals who became Turkish citizen afterwards/dual citizens in the same status
- Turkish nationals who completed the last three years of their secondary education (high school) in a foreign country excluding Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, (including those who completed their entire secondary education (high school) at Turkish schools in the presence of Ministry of National Education in a foreign country excluding Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus) before 01 February 2013.
- Turkish nationals who completed their entire secondary education (high school) in a foreign country excluding Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, (including those who completed their entire secondary education (high school) at Turkish schools in the presence of Ministry of National Education in a foreign country excluding Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus) after 01 February 2013.
- Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus nationals who reside there and completed their secondary education there having a GCE AL certificate, and those, who registered to high schools in other countries between 2005-2010 and hold or will hold GCE AL certificate.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To grasp the opportunity, students must take admission in the undergraduate degree program at the university. After that, you can apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Must attach the following:
- National or International Exam Score
- High school diploma
- High School Transcript (grade list)
- Passport Copy
- Admission Requirements: To apply, students must have to complete the admission requirements at the university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have English proficiency certificates such as TOEFL, PTE, FCE, etc