Tongarewa Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington 2021-2022 is open for International Students. The scholarship allows Masters, Bachelor level program(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Victoria University of Wellington. The deadline for the scholarship is 01 Sep 2021. The Victoria University of Wellington is making available the Tongarewa Scholarship to celebrate the University’s commitment to its international student community. Eligible applicants are those either entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree program at Victoria University of Wellington. Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
Victoria University of Wellington Scholarship 2021 Details:
University: Victoria University of Wellington
Degree level: Bachelors, Masters
Scholarship coverage: Tuition Fee
Eligible nationality: International
Award country: New Zealand
Last Date: 1 September 2021.
Level/Field(s) of study:
Bachelors degrees, Masters by Research degrees, or Masters by Coursework degrees in any subject
Aim and Benefits of Tongarewa Scholarship
The scholarships range from NZ$5,000 to NZ$10,000. This is a partial fee-based scholarship that will be paid towards your tuition fees for 1 year of study.
Recipients of the Scholarship are guaranteed an offer of a place in the Halls of Residence, provided an accommodation application is received by the Accommodation Service by the required deadline.
To apply for Tongarewa Scholarship in New Zealand applicants need to fulfill following criteria:
Previous Degree Transcript or Degree Certificate and any other educational document
Conditional or Unconditional offer letter from Victoria University of Wellington.
Maximum of 500 words Personal Statement explaining the following:
Why you want to study at this University
Educational goals of candidate
Why you will be selected for this award
You can also provide any leadership positions and details of your participation in your university, school or community.
- Applicants from any nationality who is paying full fee
- Must be first year student of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree program.
- Applicant who has completed his/her secondary education from a School in New Zealand school
- Done any prerequisite course at Victoria University of Wellington (i.e. Foundation Studies Program or English Proficiency Program)
- Have a Study Abroad or student of any partner universities
- If candidate is in 2nd year of study at university.
- To apply, you must submit a completed online application before the deadline. The scholarship application deadlines are 1 June 2021 for (Trimester 2, 2021), 1 September 2021 (Trimester 3, 2021) and 30 November 2021 for (Trimester 1, 2022). Applications will normally open 1 month prior to the closing date.
- It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.