The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) was founded in 1950 by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, independent India’s first Education Minister. Its objectives are to actively participate in the formulation and implementation of policies and programmes pertaining to India’s external cultural relations; to foster and strengthen cultural relations and mutual understanding between India and other countries; to promote cultural exchanges with other countries and people, and to develop relations with nations.
Type of Opportunity : Scholarships
Deadline: 30 May, 2021
City: New Delhi
Open to: International Student
Organizer: Indian Council for Cultural Relations
APPLICATIONS FOR INDIAN COUNCIL FOR CULTURAL RELATIONS (ICCR)SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR 2021- 2022
Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) Scholarship Program invites applications for scholarship, from suitable candidates to pursue studies at PhD, Masters, and Bachelor programs under the following thematic areas:
- Build, Mining, Engineering and Technology
- Health Sciences
- Actuarial Sciences
- Counselling Services
- Special Education and Child Development
- Agriculture and Conservation
- Tourism and Hospitality specialisations not available locally
- Sports Management
- Finance, Economics and Management (Postgraduate only)
What does the scholarship cover?
LIVING ALLOWANCE (STIPEND) (Per Month)
- Undergraduate 5,500
- Postgraduate 6,000
- M.Phil / Ph.D 7,000
- Post-doctoral Fellow 7,500
HOUSE RENT ALLOWANCE (Per Month)
- In Grade 1 cities 5,000
- In other cities 4,500
CONTINGENT GRANT (per annum)
- Undergraduate 5,000
- Postgraduate 7,000
- M/Phil / Ph.D and M.Tech./ME 12,500
- Post – doctoral studies 15,500
Plus MEDICAL BENEFITS
How many scholarships are given?
Under this Scheme, the Council offers 900 scholarships
- Applicants should be between 18-30years at the time of admission.
- Applicants can apply to 5 universities /institutions in order of preference.
- Applicants should visit the university/institutes website for detailed guides before applying.
- The marks sheets of levels 10 and 10+2 of school and other relevant documents
- Required by the university must be uploaded along with transcripts in English.
- A 500-word essay in English needs to be submitted to ascertain English proficiency.
- Students can also submit their TOFEL/IELTS/ Standardized Test scores, if available.
- Universities/Institutions may also conduct an online interview for applicants.
- Shortlisted students would appear for personal interview and verification at the Indian High Commission.
- Health Certificate is important.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- Candidates must have adequate knowledge of English.
- Priority will be given to students who have never studied in India before.
- Candidates may note that Indian universities/educational institution are autonomous and independent and hence have their own eligibility criteria which have to be fulfilled. Please also note that acceptance of application by the University is also not a guarantee of
admission. A scholarship is awarded only when admission is confirmed by ICCR.
- Candidates must follow the following steps. As candidates must first fill out the online registration form and then obtain a username and password in order to log in
- Also, you fill out the ICCR scholarship application form correctly
- Such as – country, name, mobile phone number, date of birth, gender, email ID, Passowrd, and click submit
- Additionally, after successful registration, you will receive and email on your email containing the verification link
- Fill in all the required details correctly, upload your signature and photo
ICCR SCHOLARSHIP Admission2Alumni online portal – The last date for submission of applications is now extended till 30th May, 2021 in view of difficulties due to COVID circumstances