Deadline: May 31, 2021
A lot of international students have benefited from Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung scholarships. You can also be a beneficiary. Applications are open for the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Scholarship to study in Germany. Read through to know the eligibility criteria.
The scholarship is offered to young talent applicants from developing countries to pursue their degrees overseas. Scholarships are awarded to highly-performing students and include a comprehensive seminar program to help enhance the candidates’ social competencies and academic skills.
The intention of the FES scholarship is to erase social disadvantages by providing opportunities to students who work for freedom, justice and social cohesion with the commitment to social democracy or to those who will do these activities in the future
Scholars receive up to €744 per month. In addition, there is a monthly flat-rate study fee of €300 euros, which all scholars can freely use. Depending on the applicant’s situation, scholars may also receive a contribution to health insurance of up to €71 and long-term care insurance of up to €15 per month. Scholars with children can receive a family allowance of €155 euros per month. The scholarship does not have to be repaid.
The Foundation supports stays abroad during the funding period – through subsidies for travel expenses, tuition fees and international health insurance, especially for study or research stays, language courses and internships of up to 12 months.
Eligibility Criteria for Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships
To be eligible for Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES) Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English / German
- Eligible Countries: All world countries (Non EU Countries).
- The candidates’ aptitudes and personalities show excellent promise for an academic or professional career.
- Study place confirmation or enrollment certificate at a state or state-recognized German (Fach-) Hochschule for the study for which you want to be supported
- Candidates are expected to show commitment to the values of social democracy.
- Foreign applicants must also demonstrate sufficient German language skills.
How to Apply for Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES) Scholarships?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES) Scholarships:
- Just fill out our online application. We ask you some questions about your professional and family background – further documents are not yet necessary. If you feel insecure or have a need for discussion in the run-up to the application, you can contact our 480 or so lecturers.
- If you are eligible for a scholarship, we request further documents by e-mail: two expert reports from university teachers as well as information about your previous education and your socio-political commitment. With freshmen in the first semester, reports by former teachers are sufficient; In addition, first-year students must prove their eligibility to receive the BAföG maximum rate in this step.
- Contact Friedrich-Ebert-Foundation Study grant Godesberger Allee 149 53175 Bonn
To know more about Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES) Scholarships, please visit official website: