Applications are open for the Mahmoud S. Rabbani Scholarship 2021. The scholarship is intended for Arab students who have been officially accepted into a Master’s or Ph.D program in the Netherlands or for Dutch students who have been accepted into a Master’s or Ph.D program in the Arab World.
The goal of this scholarship, besides fostering interaction between Arab and European students, is to provide the means for students seeking to broaden their own horizons. In keeping with the foundation’s mission, all areas of study are eligible for the grant, and primary requirements are that applicants must have a firm grasp of English, or the language their program will be in. The scholarship is designed for dynamic students with an interest in fostering the formation of ties between these two regions.
Moreover, the MSR scholarship is strengthened by a mentoring program that offers the scholarship recipient guidance on a personal and professional level and also provides access to the Foundation’s extensive and diverse network and platforms.
Details for Postgraduate Studies:
Host country: The Netherlands
Donor: – Lotfia Rabbani Foundation
Course Level: Master, PhD
Deadline: March 31, 2021
The maximum amount for the MSR Scholarship is 15,000 EUR. The applicant can choose to cover his / her scholarship amount, in which case he / she pays this amount directly to the university, or chooses his / her living expenses, in which case you are generally paid in four equal installments in September, December, March, and June. There is, of course, a flexible space where a range of tuition fees and premiums can be paid.
- Candidates must be nationals of any of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen, or Sudan. Applications coming from the Netherlands should be by Dutch nationals.
- The scholarship is open to Arab students who have received an official acceptance letter for a Master’s or a Ph.D program in the Netherlands and to Dutch students who have received an official acceptance letter for a Master’s or a Ph.D program in the Arab World.
- The candidate should have a good knowledge of English and/or of the language of study if that is not English is necessary.
- Academic excellence.
- Personal growth: Assessing the contribution the proposed field of study would have on the applicant’s continued academic and professional development and/or its potential for impact in the local context.
- Strong motivation in line with the ideals of the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation’s goal of promoting Euro-Arab dialogue and understanding.
- Financial need.
How to Apply for Mahmoud S. Rabbani Scholarship
To apply for the MSR Scholarship, you must complete your application for admission with the following documents:
- Motivation and purpose statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of colored passport
- Copies of degrees or diplomas with academic transcripts
- Two signed references from either academic or professional referees
- Letter of acceptance from Host University in the Netherlands
- An official course description of the program offered by the Host University.
- A detailed financial overview including tuition fees and living expenses, as well as other sources of income to cover your study in the Netherlands for the academic year you are applying.
- Signed and dated MSR Scholarship Application Form which you can download below.