The Applications are now open for the Fully Funded GIST Korea Scholarship 2021. GIST is a Top Ranked University of South Korea offering Fully Funded Scholarship to Study Masters and PhD Degree Programs. South Korea Ranked among Top Countries for their Quality Education. There is No Application Fee Required for GIST Scholarship.
GIST Stands for Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology. The duration of the GIST Master Scholarship is 2 Years and the GIST PhD. Degree Scholarship is 4 years. There are almost 300 scholarship available for Masters/MPhil and PhD and MS leading to PhD for Fall 2021. All the Expenses will be Covered by GIST University.
GIST is a Public University. The Gwangju University scholarship covers most of the academic fields of study. Recently the Government of Korea also announced the Global Korea Scholarship 2021. The Full Detailed Information about the GIST Korea Scholarship for Fall 2021 is given below.
- Scholarship Country: South Korea
- University: Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
- Course Level: Masters/MPhil and Ph.D. MS leading to Ph.D
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 15th April 2021
GIST Korea University Scholarship Benefits
Gwangju University scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship to Study in South Korea. All the Financial Expenses will be covered by the University.
Tuition Assistance (All students): Tuition Fully Supported: 3,415,000 won per semester
Monthly Stipends (All International Students):
- Student Allowance: 140,000 won per month for M.S. students, 295,000 won per month for Ph.D. students
- Meal allowance: nearly 100,000 won per month
※Students should have completed at least 9 credits in the previous semester for the above two.
- International student allowance: 120,000 won per month. GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.5) in the previous semester
- 4,820,000 won per year of M.S.
- 11,480,000 won per year of Ph.D.
Health Insurance (All International Students)
- 60% of the Korean National Health Insurance fee is supported.
- Annual Medical checkup
Flight Reimbursement (All Incoming International Students)
- Reimbursement for a one-way flight to Korea
GIST University Study Programs
- Master of Science Program (M.S.)
- Doctor of Philosophy Program (Ph.D.)
- Integrated M.S. and Ph.D. Program (M.S./Ph.D.)
GIST offers M.S., Ph.D., and integrated M.S. and Ph.D. degree programs. It normally takes two years to finish an M.S. program and four years for a Ph.D. program.
The maximum completion times for the M.S., Ph.D., and M.S./Ph.D. programs are three years, seven years, and eight years respectively.
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Life Science
- Department of Chemistry
- School of Integrated Technology
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
Eligibility Criteria of the GIST Scholarship 2021:
- All international students can apply for GIST Scholarship 2021.
- A candidate applying for the M.S. program should hold a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree.
- A candidate applying for the Ph.D. program should hold a master’s or equivalent degree.
- Online GIST Scholarship Application 2021
- Official transcripts and certificates.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- English proficiency test
- An applicant’s scanned copy of passport
How to Apply for GIST Scholarships in 2021 in South Korea?
- A candidate should submit the application online.
- All required material should be sent to GIST by mail.
- Wait for the email of the results.
- Selected candidates would submit enrollment documents and matriculation fees.
- A candidate would apply for the student’s visa.
- The last date to apply for the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship April 15, 2021.