Start your study adventure in USA. Good news! Fulbright Scholarships are currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
Fulbright Scholarships are fully funded scholarships for international students. These scholarships are only offered for masters and PhD studies. Fulbright Foreign Student Program covers full tuition fee, a living stipend, full accommodation fee, airfare and health insurance.
These scholarships are sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, is the U.S. government’s flagship international educational exchange program and is designed to nurture mutual understanding among nations through the educational and cultural exchange. The grants are awarded irrespective of applicant’s race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The Fulbright scholarships program aims to provide opportunity to diverse groups of people to in the United States institutions of learning. The scholarships are granted to people from economically disadvantaged groups, minorities and those from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.
The United States of America has been providing Fulbright scholarships to thousands of foreign students in 155 countries to pursue their studies in United States Universities and academic institutions since 1946. The scholarship was initiated to help artistic, young and talented foreign students to pursue their graduate studies and conduct world class research in the United States of America.
Fulbright Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): USA Universities and Academic Institutions
- Study in: USA
- Courses Offered: All fields, including interdisciplinary courses.
- Program Period: Depends on the selected program.
- Fulbright Scholarship Deadline: Varies per countries (Feb to Oct. annually)
Winners of the Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program will be provided with the following benefits:
- Full Tuition Fee
- Textbooks Provided
- Return Airfare Ticket
- A living stipend
- Health Insurance
- Visa Fees
- A Computer and Settling-in allowance.
- Fulbright awards enable grantees to live at the same standard as most American graduate students.
- For the Masters Degree program, a four-year Bachelor’s degree or a Bachelor’s and Master’s combination totaling 16 years of formal education from an accredited university.
- Recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply, except for MBA and Public Policy/Administration applicants, who require 2 years of work experience.
- For the Ph.D. degree program, a Master’s, M.Phil or comparable degree (a minimum of 18 years of formal education) from an accredited university.
- It is highly desirable that candidates have work experience in teaching, research, or the public sector in Pakistan.
- For both the Masters and Ph.D. programs, all academic disciplines are eligible, except clinical medicine.
Also, The Program Elligibility and Selection Procedures vary Widely by Country. Please see the Fulbright Country Specific Websites to find information about the Fulbright Program in your home country, including eligibility requirements and application guidelines. If your country is not listed there, you are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply for the Fulbright USA Scholarship
All Fulbright Applications are processed by bi-National Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or U.S. Embassies in Your Country. Therefore, foreign students must apply through the Fulbright Commission/Foundation or U.S. Embassy in their home countries.
Deadline varies per country but is around February to October annually. It is important to visit the official website (link is available below) and the country specific websites for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship. To Apply, Please Visit the Official Website of the USA Fulbright Degree Scholarship 2022.