Trent University was established in 1964 as one of Canada’s top universities and supports life change and careers on all levels. It is a public liberal arts university in Peterborough, Ontario, with a satellite campus in Oshawa, which serves the Regional Municipality of Durham.
Why study at Trent University? Students of Trent have the ability to encounter a range of theatres, social interests, publications, religious associations, political chapters and scholarly societies and Greeks in a variety of clubbing organizations and groups.
Trent University will provide award amounts of $10,000 to the successful candidates for the session 2021/2022.
Application Deadline: February 12, 2021
- University or Organization: Trent University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $10,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic and International students
- The award can be taken in Canada
Trent International Scholarships and Awards
Awarded to entering internationals students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, community service, leadership potential, and some financial need. Your award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve good academic standing in each year of your studies and maintain your status as an international student on a study permit.
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a study permit.
- You must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at Trent University for the Fall 2021 intake.
- You must be entering Trent University from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university.
- You must meet Trent University’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (“A average or equivalent standard).
- You must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement.
- You must upload two letters of recommendation.
- You must complete and submit the online Trent International Scholarships & Awards application by February 15, 2021 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time, on your MyTrent portal.
General Application Details
The Trent International Scholarships & Awards application form can be found on your MyTrent portal under the Finances tab. A 7-digit Trent student ID number is required to log in to the MyTrent portal, which you will receive within 5 business days of applying to Trent.
Please provide the following information on the form:
- Information about applicant
- Financial resources and estimated costs
- Personal statement (500 words max)
- List of community service and/or extra-curricular activities (3 activities)
- Critical reflection of community service and/or extra-curricular involvement (500 words max)
- Essay on a topic that you are passionate about (500 words max)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Full application details will be available in the Trent International Scholarships & Awards application form when it opens in mid-October 2020.
- Students do not need an offer of admission to apply for Trent International Scholarships & Awards.
- Scholarship values are subject to change.