· Country: Finland
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
· Deadline: January 15, 2021
Applications are open for the University of Helsinki master’s scholarship. The university is offering scholarships for excellent international students to pursue a master’s program in Finland. The scholarships are limited and offered to the most brilliant students as the scholarship is competitive.
The University of Helsinki ranks among the top 100 research universities. The University of Helsinki is bilingual, teaching in Finnish and Swedish language. English is the third language of instruction at the institute. The university focus on quality research and teaching by international standards. The University of Helsinki is the 86th best university among the best global universities.
The duration of the master’s scholarship is two years. The scholarship can be availed for a full-time master’s program. The scholarship will be progressed after reviewing the progress of the first year.
Faculties at University of Helsinki:
Faculty of Arts
Faculty of Educational Sciences
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Theology
Faculty of Social Science
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Biological and Environmental Science
Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Faculty of Pharmacy
Faculty of Medicine
Benefits for scholarship recipients
Student Union (HYY) membership fee including
- free or highly affordable health care services by the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS)
- student meal discounts in Unicafe restaurants
- reductions in public transport
- Unisport services at low prices.
The University of Helsinki offers all scholarship winners the option to take part in the University of Helsinki Student Ambassador Programme.
- Fully Funded Grant (Tuition fee + 10 000 EUR)
- Full Tuition fee Grant
Tuition fees range from 13 000 to 18 000 euros.
Duration of the scholarship is two years. For all scholarships, students are required to study full time (earn at least 55 ECTS per year) to fulfil the requirements of the scholarship. After the first study year, the progress of your studies will be checked and, depending on your progress, the scholarship will be continued.
Who is eligible?
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You are eligible for the Master’s programme at the University of Helsinki.
- You are liable for tuition fees: Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries who do not have permanent residence status in the EU/EEA area are liable for tuition fees. You can check the FAQ at the Studyinfo website as to whether or not you are required to pay tuition fees.
- You meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for Finland.
- You have obtained excellent results in your previous studies and can prove this in your application.
Application and selection process
How to apply for a scholarships
- Find the Master’s programme you want to apply to through the Degree Finder
- See the instructions on how to apply to the Master’s programme and prepare the necessary attachments.
- Apply for a scholarship with the same application form used to apply to the Master’s programme.
- Submit all the required attachments.
The scholarships for new students will be awarded on the basis of academic overall assessment: Previous academic performance and possible letters of motivation, in addition to which the grounds presented by applicants in their grant applications will be taken into consideration.
You may receive a scholarship only in a category you have applied for, but you can apply for more than one scholarship category.
- The Master’s programme conducts an academic assessment of your degree application and your scholarship application.
- The Master’s programme makes a proposal to the Scholarship Committee concerning the scholarship application.
- The Scholarship Committee makes the final decision on the scholarship.
If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive an official acceptance letter with the information about your scholarship status.
Please note that the scholarship programme is highly competitive and only very limited number of Scholarships can be offered.