Utrecht University is now accepting applications for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2021 in the Netherlands. The Utrecht University scholarship for international students is available for master’s degree programs. The scholarship is awarded to students for the duration of the maser’s degree program which is one year or two years depending on the degree program.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Global Criminology.
- Social, Health and Organizational Psychology.
- Applied Cognitive Psychology.
- Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology.
- Clinical Psychology.
- Methodology and Statistics for the Behavioral, Biomedical and Social Sciences.
- Social and health Psychology.
- Ancient, Medieval and Renaissance Studies.
- Comparative Literary Studies.
- Gender Studies.
- Media, Art and Performance Studies.
- Art History.
- Mathematical Sciences.
- Development and Socialization in Childhood and Adolescence.
- Legal Research.
- Social and Health Psychology.
- Sociology and Social Research.
To be eligible for a Holland Scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
- Never before have been enrolled at an educational institution in the Netherlands;
- Have applied for an international master’s programme at Utrecht University with a start date of 1 September 2021;
- The international master’s programme at Utrecht University is not a Distance Learning/Online Programme;
- Meet the specific entry requirements of the programme.
The scholarship amounts to € 5,000, € 10,000 or € 15,000. You will receive this in the first year of your studies, even if you are enrolled in a two year programme.
Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before 31 January 2021 (23:59 CET), after which the application portal will be closed. Your application for a scholarship will only be processed if you have submitted an application for a Master’s programme as well. Please note that in some cases you may need to apply before 1 December; check the ‘When to apply’ section under Admission and application of your master’s programme.
You will not be informed whether you have been awarded the scholarship prior to the scholarship deadline and not before you have been (un)conditionally admitted to the programme.
Your application will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Academic background as demonstrated in your application to the Master’s programme;
- Your motivation explaining the relevance of your time in the Netherlands and at Utrecht University to your future goals;
- The quality and feasibility of your financial plan;
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
HOW TO APPLY
After submitting your application for the Master’s programme non-EU/EEA students have the option to submit an application for the Holland Scholarship from 1 November. You will need to upload the following documents:
- Motivation letter explaining the relevance of your time in the Netherlands and at Utrecht University to your career goals
- A statement of financial resources demonstrating you can cover the remaining cost
Please note that students starting their programme in February are not eligible for a Holland Scholarship.
- Submit an application for a Master’s programme; if you do not do this first, you will not be able to apply for the Scholarship in Osiris Online Application.
- After submitting an application for a Master’s programme, you can go to Osiris Online Application.
- Log in with your Osiris username and password.
- Click on the link ‘New application’.
- Answer the questions and upload your motivation letter and statement of financial resources.
- Submit your application.