Founded in 1829, King’s College London is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom. It is a founding college and member institution of the federal University of London.
Why study at King’s College London? At KCL, applicants will determine what they want from a potential profession and develop a roadmap for how to accomplish that objective. King’s Careers Center will help students determine what fits their skills and interests by learning more about career choices.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2021
- University or Organization: King’s College London
- Department: Centre for the History of Science, Technology and Medicine
- Course Level: Masters and PhD-level
- Award: Tuition fee plus stipend
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Students from overseas
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: History Research MPhil/PhD offered by King’s College London.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A one-plus-three year award (“1+3 award”), which funds the student to take one of the KCL MA History programmes, with progression to doctoral study at CHoSTM subject to the satisfactory completion of the MA; or
- A three-year award (“+3 award”), to fund doctoral study only, for students who already have a Master’s degree in the history of science, technology, or medicine (HSTM), or a Master’s degree in History or related humanity or social science field with an HSTM taught component or HSTM research experience.
- Applicants should have an exceptional academic track record and outstanding research potential in the history of science and technology.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to grab this opportunity, then you must be recommended to take admission at King’s College London.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit with their electronic application a sample of written work, a brief personal statement of academic interests and reasons for undertaking doctoral research, and a research proposal. The research proposal should be around 1,000-1,500 words plus bibliography and should outline the historical questions being addressed and their significance, relevant historiography, and sources.
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must have to check the entry requirements of the King’s College London.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have IELTS (6.5) or equivalent TOEFL 583 with minimum 53 in all skills.
The value of the King’s College London Hans Rausing Scholarships 2021-2022 includes:
Scholarship award of tuition fee and living stipend awarding to international students