University of Amsterdam Scholarships 2021
Start your study adventure in Netherlands. Good news! University of Amsterdam Scholarships are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about University of Amsterdam Scholarships, its application benefits and step by step application process.
University of Amsterdam Scholarships 2021 are fully funded scholarships for international students. These scholarships are available for undergraduate and masters studies. These scholarships cover scholarship up to €25,000, covering tuition and living expenses per academic year.
The University of Amsterdam is the Netherlands’ largest university, offering the widest range of academic programmes. At the UvA, 30,000 students, 6,000 staff members and 3,000 PhD candidates study and work in a diverse range of fields, connected by a culture of curiosity.
Non-EU students from any discipline who graduated in the top 10% of their class may apply. Selection is on the basis of academic excellence, ambition and the relevance of the selected Master’s program to a student’s future career.
Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters
Deadline: January 15 -February 1, 2021 (Annually)
Institution(s): University of Amsterdam
Study in: Netherlands
- Child Development and Education
- Economics and Business
- Social Sciences
Students from any discipline who graduated in the top 10% of their class may apply. Candidates wishing to apply for an AES scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under studiefinanciering, the Dutch system of study grants and loans. The scholarship office should be notified as soon as possible of any change in nationality, type of residence permit, and/or possible studiefinanciering support throughout the academic year.
- Be (provisionally) admitted to an English-taught Master’s degree programme at the University of Amsterdam which is registered in the Central Register of Higher Education Programmes (CROHO). You can apply for the Master’s programme and the AES scholarship simultaneously. Your Master’s application will be assessed before the AES deadline. In your application, clearly indicate that you are applying for the AES scholarship.
- Be (provisionally) admitted to a Master’s programme at the UvA for the first time. An AES will not be awarded to candidates who are admitted for a second Master’s programme at the UvA.
- Be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations as indicated by the Dutch Immigration Service (IND).
- Be enrolled at the UvA as a full-time student for the academic year and the programme for which the scholarship is awarded. Scholarship continuation is not guaranteed when a candidate changes his or her Master’s programme.
- The candidate should not receive another scholarship for the same period of study as the AES. Notify the UvA if you have been awarded and accepted another scholarship.
Number of Scholarships: The UvA will award up to 6 of these scholarships annually.
Value of Scholarship: Full scholarship of €25,000, covering tuition and living expenses for one academic year. Scholarship recipients become part of a select community, taking part, for example, in extracurricular activities developed specially for them.
Duration of Scholarship:
Students who receive the AES for a two-year Master’s programme will be evaluated after one year of study. The scholarship will only be continued for the second year if the AES student has completed all courses of the first year on time and with a grade point average of 8.0.
How to Apply:
You can submit your application by completing the following steps:
- Submit your application for the Master programme of your choice. Note that your application needs to be complete, so with all required documents including valid language test scores.
- Receive your UvA student number
- Fill out and submit the application form for the Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship and Merit Scholarship (you will need your UvA student number). You will need to upload the following documents:
- Scan of identity page of passport
- letter of motivation
- letter of reference
- certificate of excellence
- description of extra curricular activities
- research questions